CORE is hiring! Please see job description below:
Licensed Clinical Psychologist/Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
CORE – Center of Relational Empowerment, PC
CORE – Center of Relational Empowerment, PC in Chicago & Evanston, IL is seeking applicants for a full-time Licensed Clinical Psychologist or LMFT position. Clinician’s primary responsibilities will be in conducting intake assessments and providing individual, couple, family, and group psychotherapy as well as psychological testing batteries (psychologist only, when needed). Secondary responsibilities will be in providing individual and group supervision to CORE’s trainees (when needed). We are seeking highly motivated, self-starters who emphasize systemic and multicultural frameworks in their work and who have an interest in clinical training.
The Center of Relational Empowerment helps individuals, couples and families strengthen their core selves, and in doing so, empowers them to strengthen their relationships with others. CORE provides psychological therapy, testing, workshops, groups and psychoeducational seminars for people from all walks of life. At the heart of CORE is our belief that everyone has leadership and healing qualities - perspective, confidence, compassion, and acceptance - crucial to our highest, most harmonious functioning.
While we can't change difficult situations of the past, we can work with our clients to better understand and resolve challenges in their life. Therapy and counseling can help uncover long-standing patterns and behaviors that can get in the way of feeling fulfilled in our relationships with ourselves and others. We believe that no family or cultural system operates the same way and that there is no "right" way to live life. Therefore, it is our goal to understand the problems our clients face through their own context in order to find the meanings and solutions that work best for them.
CORE serves a diverse client population in regard to race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability/disability, and socioeconomic status. While our client population is always changing, here are some statistics about the clients we serve (does not cover all identifiers):
African American/Black/West-Indian: 20%
Asian/Pacific Islander: 22%
No Disability status: 94%
Person with a Disability: 6%
PERKS OF OUR PRACTICE:
CORE’s Chicago location is located in the loop across from Millenium Park! Our office is easily accessible by trains and busses (including both CTA and Metra). Our space is newly constructed and is equipped with a waiting room, 9 offices, a kitchen, coffee bar (for clients and therapists), and a large group room (for group therapy, training, and meetings). Discounted Parking available through the building at Millennium Garage and Grant Park North garage.
CORE Evanston is located in downtown Evanston and is easily accessible by trains and busses (including Davis St. Purple line and Metra stops). Our space is newly constructed and is equipped with a waiting room, 6 offices, a kitchen, coffee bar (for clients and therapists), and a large group room (for group therapy, training, and meetings).
Strong networking connections available through IPA, and professional school connections. CORE will provide associates with some funds for CEUs and professional fees (to be discussed when offer is presented). In addition, clinicians will receive a large referral base and build their caseloads quickly. Clinicians can temporarily work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Highly collaborative and fun work environment!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Associate Licensed Clinical Psychologist 1. Serve a diverse range of clientele by providing individual, couples, and family therapy. Approximately 25 clinical hours per week expected. Must be willing to work with CORE Owners on getting paneled with BCBS PPO, Aetna PPO, and United Healthcare PPO plans prior to starting employment.
2. Facilitate group therapy (as needed). Practice is highly collaborative and helps support your personal clinical interests regarding groups.
3. Some psychological assessment/testing batteries required.
4. Collaborate with psychologists in the group to provide outreach presentations when needed.
5. Keep up-to-date records for all clients.
Training/Supervision: 1. Provide individual supervision to 1 or more Advanced Doctoral Externs or post-docs (for Psychologists), or supervision for MFT students or ALMFT (for LMFTs) – as needed.
2. Provide group supervision/didactic trainings on a rotating basis with other psychologists/therapists. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Hold a completed doctoral level degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited program. Or a Master’s degree from a COAMFTE graduate program in Marriage & Family therapy.
2. Licensed at the doctoral level in the State of Illinois for Psychologists, or at the Master’s LMFT level for MFT applicants. (Applicants who have met all requirements for full licensure and are awaiting clinical license are also encouraged to apply) 3. Demonstrated experience and ability to work as part of a highly cohesive and collaborative group of colleagues.
5. Demonstrates an interest in working in a group private-practice setting long-term.
6. Demonstrates a strong interest in clinical training of students and giving back to the greater psychology community. 7. Experiences and interests in family systems approaches to treatment and training. Also interested in attachment frameworks. 8. Experiences, interests, and commitment to work within a multicultural frameworks and a desire to work with highly diverse clientele (age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, etc.). 9. Basic knowledge of computer search engines, Microsoft Office, and attention to detail for electronic billing and note-taking.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED (but not required) QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Experience/interest in supervising graduate level trainees
2. Bilingual therapists
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
To be considered for the position applicants must submit the following materials electronically or via mail: • Cover letter outlining interest in the position and addressing how you meet the specific job requirements (please include your license number, and NPI number if you have it). • A current CV or Resume; • Names and contact information (including address, telephone number, and e-mail) of three professional references.
Applications will be accepted until positions is filled.
SEND APPLICATIONS VIA EMAIL TO:
Dr. Amanda M. Rios & Dr. Ammara Khalid